More tailored for end users with less technical knowledge or limited server access.
- Uses Islandora’s REST API
- Runs on your computer
- “CSVs and a pile of scans”
- Cross Platform - Python
Islandora Workbench highlights¶
- MUCH less configuration. Decisions made for you.
- No Processing
- CSV has to be in the right format
- Write Operations
- Create, Update, and Delete content
- Bumpers On
- Configuration and CSV are validated
Islandora Workbench basics¶
- Column names are field names
- If your value contains a comma, wrap it in double quotes
- Multiple values are pipe delimited
- Entity references are done via numeric id (nid, mid, tid)
Islandora Workbench - Taxonomy Terms:
- Can use term id, term name, or both
- If using multiple vocabularies, prefix with vocabulary id:
- Terms that don’t exist can be created
Islandora Workbench - More Field Types:
- Typed Relations - Prefix term ids with namespace:rel:
- Geolocation fields - “Lat,Long”
Paged Content - Two Ways:
- Metadata on Parent
- Simple directory structure and filename convention
- Page Level Metadata
- Parent and page metadata in same CSV
Summer of Islandora Workbench: Introduction to Islandora Workbench¶
This video (July 29, 2021) is an introduction of Islandora Workbench.
Islandora Workbench Demo¶
This video (Dec 17, 2020) is a demo of Islandora Workbench.
Islandora Online: Islandora Migration Tools¶
This video (Aug 10, 2020) provides an overview of the Islandora Workbench and the two other options available to migrate data into an Islandora 8 installation.