last updated on 26-11-2020
Islandora Quick Lessons are a series of short videos demonstrating how to do common tasks in Islandora 8.
New videos are added to the playlist regularly.
- What is Islandora?: A quick overview of what Islandora is and why people use it.
- Create a GitHub Issue: How to submit an issue to the Islandora issue queue on GitHub, where you can report a bug, share your use case, request an improvement, or request a new feature.
Installation & Virtual Machines¶
- Building a Virtual Machine: How to build a new VM using the Islandora ansible playbook.
- Importing a Virtual Machine: How to import a VM from a downloaded .ova.
- Using an FTP Client on a VM: How to configure an Islandora VM to work with an FTP client like Cyberduck or WinSCP.
- Composer Module Install: How to use Composer to install new Drupal modules in your VM.
Site Building Basics¶
- Add a User: How to make a new user who can add Islandora content.
- Creating a Basic Page: How to create a regular Drupal page.
- Creating a Custom Block: How to create a custom content Block and place it on your site.
- Adding a Menu Item: How to add a new entry in your site's navigation.
- Setting a Home Page: How to assign a particular Drupal node as the Home Page for your site.
Working with Islandora Content¶
- Add Content: How to add items to your Islandora repository.
- Making a Collection: How to create a new Islandora collection.
- Adding a Taxonomy Term: How to add a new term to an existing Taxonomy in Islandora.
- Regerating a Derivative: How to force Islandora to re-create a derivative for a node.
- Customizing a Form: How to modify fields, modify the ingest form, and modify the metadata display for Islandora content.
- Adding a New Context: How to add a new Context, causing a site Action to be performed based on conditions.
- Changing an Action: How to change how an existing Action behaves, to be performed based on a Context.
- Batch Ingest with Migrate: How to use Drupal Migrate to bulk-load Islandora content with metadata, without using the command line.
Working with Views¶
- Basic Views: How to make a very basic View filtered by a taxonomy term.
- Advanced Views: How to bring together several settings and tools to make a more advanced image view.
- Batch Editing: How to use Views Bulk Edit to create a batch editing view for Islandora.
- Export and Import a View: How to copy a custom View from one Islandora site to another.